Southern California Child Life Networking Group (@ChildLifeSoCal) is bringing you an opportunity to learn about grief issues and earn CEU Credits towards your child life certification! Michelle Post of One Legacy will expand on topics covered in our September 2012 Grief Issue.
When: August 22, 2012, 10-2pm
Where: Northridge Hospital Medical Center
How to Register: Click here for registration form!
LSQ is very proud to introduce our September 2012 cover! The Grief Issue will focus on hot button issues of loss in the hospital and the roller coaster of emotions that come with it. From child life specialists, to caregivers, to siblings, to the patients themselves, we all handle grief differently. Light Spinner Quarterly helps you cope in a way that prevents burnout.
Subscribe here to read about:
- How grief is processed developmentally in children
- Loss from a parent’s perspective. Listen to the angst, anger, and confusion these parents experienced to better suit your child life practices to their needs
- Stylized interview tips from Money Crashers for graduating child life interns or the CCLS looking to move up
- Creative, non-invasive pain management tips for the CCLS by our CCLS columnist Kia Beickert, including aroma therapy and reflexology during procedures
- Exclusive interviews with child life specialists in alternative settings
- Interview with CCLS Jon Luongo
- “Life can hurt. Play can help.” Playmakers teach us the importance of play in children’s lives, as well as our own
- Interventionpalooza! Need more child life hospital intervention ideas? We gotcha covered!
Join the rest of the child life community by subscribing to Light Spinner Quarterly now!
SUBSCRIBE BY AUGUST 1st AND YOU’LL RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF OUR “HOSPITAL ROLES” COLORING SHEETS FOR CHILD LIFE SPECIALISTS!
It’s here! If you subscribed to LSQ before the June 2012 issue, you were received a raffle ticket with your child life magazine for a chance to win a Brave Kid Cape Kit! Thanks to Playworks.net for offering up super cool prizes for our child life specialists internationally.
Watch the video to see if you won!
Can’t watch the video right now? Here’s the list of winners:561433, 561278, 240959, 561410
If you won, email us at LSQuarterly@gmail.com. Claim your prize by July 15, 2012. If you don’t, we’ll announce new winners!
Want to play in our next giveaway? Subscribe for LSQ Online, LSQ Print, or LSQ Print/Online Bundle to be included.
Light Spinner Quarterly keeps you up-to-date with the latest happenings in Child Life. From step-by-step intervention ideas, to the hottest bedside activities and real certified child life specialist advice, we have it all! Don’t miss out!