LSQ is very proud to introduce our September 2012 cover! The Grief Issue will focus on hot button issues of loss in the hospital and the roller coaster of emotions that come with it. From child life specialists, to caregivers, to siblings, to the patients themselves, we all handle grief differently. Light Spinner Quarterly helps you cope in a way that prevents burnout.
Subscribe here to read about:
- How grief is processed developmentally in children
- Loss from a parent’s perspective. Listen to the angst, anger, and confusion these parents experienced to better suit your child life practices to their needs
- Stylized interview tips from Money Crashers for graduating child life interns or the CCLS looking to move up
- Creative, non-invasive pain management tips for the CCLS by our CCLS columnist Kia Beickert, including aroma therapy and reflexology during procedures
- Exclusive interviews with child life specialists in alternative settings
- Interview with CCLS Jon Luongo
- “Life can hurt. Play can help.” Playmakers teach us the importance of play in children’s lives, as well as our own
- Interventionpalooza! Need more child life hospital intervention ideas? We gotcha covered!
Join the rest of the child life community by subscribing to Light Spinner Quarterly now!
SUBSCRIBE BY AUGUST 1st AND YOU’LL RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF OUR “HOSPITAL ROLES” COLORING SHEETS FOR CHILD LIFE SPECIALISTS!